Evergreen Life Services
Does the idea of a desk job bore you? Do you want a job that inspires you? A job that gives back to your community? Are you interested in a $250 sign-on bonus?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you could be a great fit for a Direct Support Associate at Evergreen Life Services (Evergreen). As a Direct Support Associate, you will help individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities gain life skills, build confidence and live as independently as possible. You will make a difference every time you come to work.
Evergreen Life Services is currently in search for Direct Support Associates for the Oklahoma City area.
Position Description: Direct Support Associate (DSA)
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Supervisor/Manager of Home or Appropriate Program or Day Program Supervisor
Created: June 30, 2010
Revised: December 10, 2020
Responsible for maintaining a healthy, safe, and therapeutic environment for consumers and following through on their individual plans of care.
Essential Job Functions:
· Ensure the health and welfare of the consumers
· Assist consumers with medication and treatment plans as needed
· Assist consumers in the care and cleaning of their home, including reporting of maintenance needs
· Assist consumers with money management including budgeting, banking, and shopping
· Assist consumers with daily life activities such as: meal preparation, reading usage, use of telephone, use of community services (post office, mass transportation), housekeeping, clothing care, self-care, and person hygiene
· Make food and non-food purchases for the home when requested
· Prepare meals
· Ensure the maintenance of the home and grounds are done as requested
· Complete all required documentation in accordance with applicable state agency(ies) and Evergreen Presbyterian Ministries, Inc. policies and procedures
· Implement behavioral and other programs as trained and requested
· Assist consumers with their goals as outlined in their plan of care document(s)
· Identify potential behavior triggers and defuse or redirect as needed to ensure safety and well being of all involved
· Provide consumer transportation in company or personal vehicle as requested
· Effectively read, write and communicate verbally in English and must be able to read and understand instructions, perform record-keeping and write reports
· Valid driver’s license which meets Evergreen requirements for insurance purposes and proof of liability coverage if a vehicle is owned
· Meet and maintain all requirements of the applicable state agency(ies), including good standing with state abuse and neglect registry
· Submit to and pass drug screen and criminal background check
· Ability to learn basic computer skills (i.e. turn on/off, log in/out, input data, approve timesheet)
· Prior experience as a direct support worker preferred
Physical Demands and Working Environment
· Constantly moves about to coordinate work
· Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds while assisting consumers in home, workshop, or job site.
· Regularly assist consumers physically by lifting and positioning them as appropriate
· Constantly alert and aware to consumer’s needs
· Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
· Will not supervise
· Represent Evergreen in public in a fashion that would reflect credibility and professionalism on the organization.
· Desire to work with people with disabilities and enhance their quality of life
· Function successfully in stressful situations
· Demonstrate high moral standards so as to be a positive role model for consumers
· Complete all orientation and on the job training prior to starting work
· Work assigned shifts as required by management
· Attend all training classes as required
I have read the above job description and I fully understand the conditions set forth therein, and I will perform these duties to the best of my knowledge and ability. Furthermore, I understand that nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time; and nothing in this job description is intended to create an employment contract or otherwise alter the at-will nature of my employment.
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in eight states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in its mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)