Responsible for maintaining a healthy, safe, and therapeutic environment for people served and following through on their individual plans of care.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure the health and welfare of the people served.
- Assist people served with medication and treatment plans as needed.
- Assist people served in the care and cleaning of their home, including reporting of maintenance needs.
- Assist people served with money management including budgeting, banking, and shopping.
- Assist people served with daily life activities such as: meal preparation, reading usage, use of telephone, use of community services (post office, mass transportation), housekeeping, clothing care, self-care, and person hygiene.
- Make food and non-food purchases for the home when requested.
- Prepare meals.
- Ensure the maintenance of the home and grounds are done as requested.
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with applicable state agency(ies) and Evergreen Life Services policies and procedures.
- Implement behavioral and other programs as trained and requested.
- Assist people served with their goals as outlined in their plan of care document(s).
- Identify potential behavior triggers and defuse or redirect as needed to ensure safety and well-being of all involved.
- Provide transportation in company or personal vehicle as requested.
- Effectively read, write and communicate verbally in English and must be able to read and understand instructions, perform record keeping and write reports.
- Valid driver’s license, which meets Evergreen requirements for insurance purposes and proof of liability coverage if a vehicle is owned.
- Meet and maintain all requirements of the applicable federal and state agency(ies), including good standing with applicable registry(ies).
- Submit to and pass drug screen and criminal background check.
- Ability to learn basic computer skills (i.e. turn on/off, log in/out, input data, approve timesheet).
- Prior experience as a direct support worker preferred
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work.
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds while assisting people served in home, workshop, or job site.
- Regularly assist people served by lifting and positioning them with and without mechanical support as appropriate.
- Constantly alert and aware to people’s needs.
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions.
- Represent Evergreen in public in a fashion that would reflect credibility and professionalism on the organization.
- Desire to work with people with disabilities and enhance their quality of life.
- Function successfully in stressful situations.
- Demonstrate high moral standards so as to be a positive role model for people served.
- Complete all orientation and on the job training prior to starting work.
- Work assigned shifts as required by management.
- Attend all training classes as required.
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in eight states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in its mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)