Position Description: Job Coach
Reports To: Program Coordinator
Responsible for providing support to the people who participate in employment program(s) and assists them to determine employment and education related goals and to mobilize the resources and support necessary to assist people to reach their goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop effective job coaching and employment plans
- Communicate with clients to understand their goals and ambitions
- Assist clients to discover and overcome their personal barriers and set goals
- Assess the strengths of individuals and teach them to use them effectively
- Guide clients in learning to complete job tasks
- Help in the development of motivation and skills
- Provide coaching in effective job search techniques
- Assist people with disabilities in developing social and life skills
- Advise on workplace accommodations for people with disabilities
- Monitor and evaluate progress of clients
- Keep records and documentation and prepare appropriate reports
- Effectively read, write and communicate verbally in English and must be able to read and understand instructions, perform record-keeping and write reports
- At least 21 years of age due to auto liability coverage.
- Meet and maintain all requirements of the applicable state agency(ies), including good standing with state abuse and neglect registry.
- Specialized skills related to contractual needs preferred.
- Proven experience as job coach
- Experience in working with people with disabilities is a plus
- Experience in developing employment plans
- Ability to adhere to regulations and standards
- Working knowledge of computers and computer programs with aptitude to learn new systems
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving ability
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or a medical condition to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to attend seminar or job-related training courses.
- Must have understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities.
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks.
Must have a good driving record which meets the minimum requirements for Evergreen and reliable transportation. Must pass drug screen and criminal background check. Must be able to work some evenings when required.
General office environment with some work done in the community.
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in eight states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in its mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)