Direct Support Professional PRN needed. $11 per hour - 1st, 2nd & 3rd shifts available (including weekends) - up to 24 hours per week only.
Position Description: Direct Support Associate (DSA)-PRN Status
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Home Manager/Day Program Supervisor
Created: January 4, 2018
Revised: December 15, 2020
Responsible for maintaining a healthy, safe, and therapeutic environment for individuals served and following through on their individual plans of care. This position is an as needed and will not have definitive schedule or location.
Essential Job Functions
· Ensure the health and welfare of the individuals served
· Assist individuals served with medication and treatment plans as needed
· Assist individuals served in the care and cleaning of their home, including reporting of maintenance needs
· Assist individuals served with money management including budgeting, banking, and shopping
· Assist individuals served with daily life activities such as: meal preparation, reading usage, use of telephone, use of community services (post office, mass transportation), housekeeping, clothing care, self-care, and personal hygiene
· Make food and non-food purchases for the home when requested
· Prepare meals
· Ensure the maintenance of the home and grounds are done as requested
· Complete all required documentation in accordance with applicable state agency(ies) and Evergreen Presbyterian Ministries, Inc. policies and procedures
· Implement behavioral and other programs as trained and requested
· Assist individuals served with their goals as outlined in their plan of care document(s)
· Identify potential behavior triggers and defuse or redirect as needed to ensure safety and well-being of all involved
· Provide individuals served transportation in company or personal vehicle as requested
· Care for individuals while in the hospital
· At least 18 years of age (non-driver) or 21 years of age (driver)
· Effectively read, write and communicate verbally in English and must be able to read and understand instructions, perform record-keeping and write reports
· Meet and maintain all requirements of the applicable state agency(ies), including good standing with state abuse and neglect registry
· Ability to learn basic computer skills (i.e. turn on/off, log in/out, input data, approve timesheet)
· Prior experience as a direct support worker preferred
· Constantly moves about to coordinate work
· Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds while assisting individuals served in home, workshop, or job site.
· Regularly assist individuals served physically by lifting and positioning them as appropriate
· Constantly alert and aware to consumer’s needs
· Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or a medical condition to perform the essential functions.
· Will not supervise
· Represent Evergreen in public in a fashion that would reflect credibility and professionalism on the organization.
· Desire to work with people with disabilities and enhance their quality of life
· Function successfully in stressful situations
· Demonstrate high moral standards so as to be a positive role model for individuals served
· Complete all orientation and on the job training prior to starting work
· Work assigned shifts as required by management
· Attend all training classes as required
· Maintain flexible schedule and be available to work different shifts and different locations
· 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available including weekends, up to 24 hours per week
Must have a good driving record which meets the minimum requirements for Evergreen and reliable transportation. Must be able to pass drug screen and criminal background check. Must be able to work some evenings when required.
May be required to work in a variety of settings and environments both indoors and outdoors.