Our mission is to serve, provide for, and champion individuals with disabilities.
Evergreen Life Services (ELS) is a charitable, non-profit organization that provides a full range of professional services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Founded in the 1950s, today we are proud to serve more than 1,100 individuals with disabilities in 8 states.
Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team because, at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Position Description: Assistant Residential Supervisor
Reports To: Program Coordinator/Residential Supervisor
Created: November 29, 2013
Revised: May 14, 2015
Responsible for assisting with the operations of a Supported Living Home(s) under the supervision of the Residential Supervisor and the general direction of the Program Coordinator/Area Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee work performance of direct support staff which includes direct supervision and resolving problems at hand during the absence of specific instructions, i.e. managing overtime and staffing issues
- Perform duties which directly relate to the health of the individuals served including, but not limited to: scheduling medical appointments including follow-up as well as attending appointments with consumers; monitoring medications to include reviewing MAR’s to ensure accuracy, ordering medications and discarding unused or expired medications; following up with other professionals, i.e. PT, OT, SLP, Nutritionist; following up with medical recommendations and communicating all to the Residential Supervisor; ensuring all medical forms are completed in full before leaving the medical office, i.e. physical, dental, consults, lab reports, spy reviews, TD screenings, etc.; ensuring documentation of phone contact with medical providers and other professionals.
- Ensure the welfare and safety of the individual served is being taken care of by making sure all food, supplies, and equipment are properly stored and cared for such as cleaning and medical supplies; making sure the home is clean and sanitary at all times to include the care and maintenance of the home and grounds; maintaining of Evergreen vehicles, i.e. cleaning, fuel, routine maintenance to include oil changes, brakes, tires, etc.; making sure every effort is made that the individual served is free from abuse, neglect, and mistreatment to include reporting all accidents, incidents and medication errors on the appropriate forms.
- Monitor the individual’s served petty cash, budget requirements and expenditures by keeping track of receipts, monitoring the individual’s served spending and monitoring individual food stamp accounts.
- Review and complete written reports relating to the Supported Living home(s) to include documentation checklist, weekly summaries, monthly reviews, etc.
- Ensure that all policies, rules and regulations are followed.
- Supervise the individual’s served transportation requirements.
- Resolve problems at hand during the absence of specific instructions.
- Other duties required by the needs of the individual served, Circle of Support, Residential Supervisor, Program Supervisor/Area Supervisor, or Executive Director.
- A combination of education or experience equivalent to a 2-year degree in one of the behavioral sciences or experience in supporting individuals who have developmental/intellectual disabilities.
- Prior supervisory experience desired
- Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful situation
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Must be able to move constantly about to coordinate work
- Must be constantly alert and observant during working hours
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or a medical condition to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to meet the public in a manner that reflects creditably upon the organization and must have the ability to deal with individuals served and staff in a manner that is conducive to harmony and their best efforts
- Must be adaptable and have the ability to make decisions
- May be required to attend seminar or job-related training courses
- Must have understanding, patience and tact in dealing with individuals served, their families or advocates and other agencies involved in providing support for individuals served
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks
- Must be able to work without close personal supervision
- will supervise
Must have a good driving record which meets the minimum requirements for Evergreen and reliable transportation. Must pass drug screen and criminal background check. May be asked to work some evenings when required.
May be required to work in a variety of settings and environments both indoors and outdoors. Some travel may be required in personal vehicle.
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in eight states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in its mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)