This position will be located in Bossier City, LA (NWLA).
Location: Bossier City, LA 71111
- Oversee the daily operation of the division through supervision of home managers and other program supervisors/managers.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures which assure that the best interest of individuals served, staff, and facilities are served at all times.
- Provide financial information needed for preparation of annual budget and ensure that division operates within that budget.
- Review monthly financial statements and take appropriate action to address any budget variances.
- Maintain all records, funds, and statistics.
- Meets with licensing and other authorized inspection groups.
- Authorize purchases of supplies and equipment within established guidelines.
- Review oral and written reports of events and acts through verbal or written instructions on those matters which require a decision.
- Ensure that all facilities are in compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Review all case histories of referrals and makes appropriate recommendations in collaboration with support teams where applicable.
- Conduct interviews of both potential individuals served and staff.
- Counsel with individuals served and staff on current problems and program execution.
- Promote favorable public relations.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with relatives, contributors, volunteers, and board members.
- Coordinate with officials of state agencies when required.
- Supervise and evaluate administrative staff and key staff personnel.
- Represent the organization to parents and agencies and at civic functions, political forums, and other functions associated with matters pertinent to the field of developmental disabilities.
- Maintain a working relationship with the Finance and Human Resources department and provide requested information when asked.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, Counseling, or a directly related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
- Ability to write and edit effectively; ability to communicate the written and spoken work with tact, diplomacy, and/or authority when necessary
- Possess good organizational skills, able to meet deadlines, self-starter and able to work under pressure
- Ability to meet the public in a manner that reflects creditably upon the organization and must have the ability to deal with individuals served and staff in a manner that is conducive to harmony and their best efforts
- Must be adaptable and have the ability to make decisions
- Must have understanding, patience and tact in dealing with individuals served, their families or advocates and other agencies involved in providing supports for individuals served
- Will not supervise
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in eight states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in its mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)