- Establish the company’s information and technology vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Direct the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth for information technology under the general direction of EVP of Administration/CFO.
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as finance, human resources, programs, and development as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission, and values.
- Ensure the IT ticket system meets the needs of end-users.
- Create, maintain, and enforce written policies and procedures regarding all computer operations in the IT Department and throughout the organization.
- Compile and review records to determine department productivity, quality of output, and cost of service. Develop methods to continually improve results.
- Evaluate new equipment, software, and processes continuously, recommend changes as appropriate and supervise their installation. Ensure a reasonable replacement schedule for computers.
- Maintain an inventory of copiers, computers, and all electronic devices.
- Perform all functions of personnel management of department employees.
- Write department annual budgets and administer funds according to budget approval.
- Maintain security of all data proprietary to the organization and provide for the complete backup of all computer systems in case of system failure or disaster.
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the end-user(s) and/or clients and recommend operational and/or technical solutions.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Produce a detailed timeline for any projects related to information systems and act as a task force member when needed.
- Direct and prioritize the workload of direct reports.
- Participate in all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Seek vendor support for in-kind drives and other fundraising functions.
- Establish and head an IT Steering Committee composed of people from all functional areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related business field.
- Ten (10) years working experience in Information Technology and at least three (3) years management and strategic experience.
- Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire, and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of the current Microsoft Windows version and Microsoft Office Suite. Aptitude to learn and utilize additional software programs and applications as required for this position.
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or a medical condition to perform the essential functions.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to efficiently and professionally manage a significant workload involving a wide range of assignments.
- Excellent leadership, personnel management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and to interact with colleagues throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to influence with credibility, analysis, and judgment.
- Able to exercise initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives
- Will supervise
- Must have a good driving record that meets the minimum requirements for Evergreen and reliable transportation.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to work some evenings when required.
- General office environment.
- This position may be expected to travel up to 25% of the time. Examples of travel can include but are not limited to, tri-annual board meetings, trainings, and other events as necessary.
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in eight states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in its mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.
Company Website: evergreenls.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)